14 Tips On How You Can Give Your Garden An Outdoor Boost
April 5, 2016
Achieve peace and serenity just outside your living room
Owning a lush garden can offer you a sanctuary away from the stresses of the daily grind. Surrounding yourself with greenery is known to promote healing and relaxation. Refresh and reinvent your garden with these easy updates.
1. For a playful touch to any serene setting, add circular concrete pavers.
2. Build your oasis with respect to the magnitude of trees in the space for a more organic-flowing garden.
3. Add movement to your flat garden with sloped pathways.
4. Container gardening is best for homes without space for ground-level gardens. It is a great way to experiment with outdoor design because you can always move, group, and swap plants around.
5. Add some privacy to your home by planting tall trees and hedges around the perimeter of your lot.
6. Use bamboo fence as the backdrop for your pocket garden.
7. Keep prying eyes at bay by allowing climbing plants to grow on your wall.
8. Add structure to a garden by lining up potted plants for a linear look and to break the form from all the ground-level plants as well.
9. Add a swing or an entire play set for your children to enjoy.
10. Experiment with curves, lines, colors, and textures to create a visually stimulating vibe.
11. Complement your stylishly modern home with an equally modern angular fountain.
12. Create a private retreat within your garden with stylish wrought iron furniture.
13. Add texture to your outdoor space with rough stone finishes.
14. Light up your oasis at night with tree lanterns and burnay jar lamps.
*This article has been revised for online reading. The original article appeared on the March 2014 issue of My Home Magazine. Get the e-mag version My Home Magazines on Magzter.